Thursday, August 6, 2009

With yesterday comes tomorrow, with love comes hope...


As I was watching the music video with Melissa and Hamid, all the memories of our time in Halifax came flooding back, forcing me to relive some of the most exhilarating and humbling experiences of my life. The faces that flashed in front of me were not that of strangers but of people whose testimonies and enduring love have significantly shaped my life, helping me see this world and myself from a wholly different perspective. Patiently and with subtle enthusiasm, Melissa gave me brief descriptions of the events that I had missed. She was careful with her words and afraid to show too much emotion; I could tell from her thoughtful expression and the uneasiness in her eyes that she did not want the memories, that of my absence, to deepen the scar in my heart. But her worry gradually faded as she saw a confident smile appearing on my face and joy radiating from my tear-stained eyes. I cannot possibly convey the joy that I felt at seeing each of you give so much of yourself to the Great Commission. I am sure that every little thing that you have done for the Lord is a great blessing for the least of His kingdom. After all, the loss of even the least of his lambs is unacceptable in His sight.


When Mel, Hamid, and I had finished our delicious meal of hamburger, the two of them went to another gathering while I took the bus home by my lonesome self. As usual, my eyes started darting from face to face, searching for some interesting thing to settle on. I caught sight of a girl, writhing in pain and drowning in sorrow. She was sobbing as if there were no tomorrow, and her bloodshot eyes were devoid of hope. Her tears were her only words. I tried to sit up, my eyes fixed on her face, which was wet and glistening. She tried in vain to wipe away the tears that were trickling down her cheeks, only to find herself blinded by more persistent, scalding tears. “Joyce, don’t just sit here and watch. Go over there right now and see what you can do for her. She needs to know that someone cares. And that person is you. So go and I mean it,” an urgent voice rang in my head. As I was frantically building up my confidence, the bus suddenly came to a halt and allowed the passengers who were sitting on both sides of her to exit. The sobbing girl was now sitting all alone. This was my chance. So with single-minded determination, I took the seat beside her and tapped her right shoulder gently. Her overwhelming misery was now overcome by refreshing curiosity. The girl gazed into my eyes and saw something. Something that she could trust. I found out that she was suffering from a severe case of social anxiety disorder, which was afflicting her life and crippling her socially and emotionally. Since she was unable to cope with the excessive stress from the environment, she had had no choice but to take a year off school and seek healing.




Having gone through depression myself, I know what it feels like to be all alone in this world, an intense feeling of excruciating pain and helplessness. How can you give somebody hope in a world that offers you none? How can I help somebody stand up when I’m feeling so weak and powerless myself? How can I talk of hope when I only see darkness in my own life? With yesterday comes tomorrow, with love comes hope. I believe that yesterday is history and since tomorrow hasn’t come yet, you only have to focus on the present. I believe that healing is a process, not a destination, and that pain is something that the Lord has placed in your life to lead you to the source of hope. Finally, just as you have learned to trust that you will live to see tomorrow, you must also have faith in love. It was love that gave me the power. The power to hope. And the power to reach out to the hopeless.
“We love because He first loved us”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog.Now kindly thanks the publisher by clicking any (ads) available in the blog.You can use My Google Search Engine as your default search engine.Add Comments to my blog posts and share it via different social networks. Mention the flaws left in posts and let me able to better my blog. Moreover,You can suggest me some related links to my blog posts.Bookmark it,soon you will need it again.I will be personally thankful to you.
A HREF="http://www.tripleclicks.com/10765119/go">