Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Ring

Five long years had passed by unnoticed, she was a mother now, a wife, so many relationships had bonded between her and some new people, yet she was still devoted to what she had been for a very long time.

Sitting in her room, trying to pat her child to sleep, she recalled the days, days that she called her life unconsciously. The sparkling ring of promise, given to her by the only person she fell in love with truly, glazed as if still adhering to the promises and vows made. Although she told everyone that she had bought it for herself, yet she always knew that without it she could not live for a minute. Like all her things and valuables scattered with different relatives, she prayed to God to never separate her life from her, the ring from her, for not even a second. As she patted her child, whom she had named after him, she sobbed more and more, with the heart broken thoughts which had always overtook her moods, whenever she was in totally isolation.

Even though her son had gone into a deep sleep, yet she kept on patting him, still staring at her left hand, which bought back all memoirs, she had stuffed in a corner of her mind. Rafay, although a self-centered person, had somehow crept into her life. She still remembered the days, when she was new in college, and he was the first one who made the attempt of making her comfortable. How their friendship developed, how it changed to love, how it changed to the vows they took and how everything just split in seconds, she recalled all, every bit of it.

She had told her hubby, all about she had gone through. He was the only person in whom she had confided out of love that he had for her, and spoken the real truth. The ring that she wore, he knew about the facts, yet she had accepted him as a life partner, as he had promised to give her, her real space. She avoided being captured by thoughts that made her cry, she avoided the tears which would hurt Amir, she avoided the sadness which would make him sad, and as he loved her to death, she had promised in her heart not to recall anything which would hurt him in any way.

The tears were warned of pouring loose, the heart was warned of being too rude, every thing in her life she had changed for him, yet maybe because of the liberty he had give, the ring would always bring back something which she had tried to keep only in her conscience.

Her thoughts had run so wild, and she had remained as still and steady in her thoughts, that she ignored someone sitting beside her and noticing her sadness. A thought of Rafay jarred her, and she came back, she noticed Amir sitting on the couch and noticing her dripping wet in tears. Looking simply irresistible and humble, as always, she had never imagined having him for her.

With the romantic ventures he had in his eyes, he had always managed to sweep her off, no matter what the time or her moods would have been. She sat there stunned, and he just lay back watching, not a word did he utter until she got up and went to him. “I am sorry!” she murmured, “for being such a Dolt”. He held out his hand and she automatically slid her in it, he directed her towards the couch and made her sit. “My princess! What can I do for you?!”, “Nothing in the world is more important to me than your happiness”, he spoke calmly, “I love you and wish that you always be happy, the tears that fall from your eye, tear my heart and tell me that I am not at all a good hubby, is that so?!” he sounded concerned as always. “Not at all Amir, Not at all! I am such a Duffy that I always manage to tear you apart, I hate to do it, but I don’t know why I do so, why he creeps up on me again and again, I hardly know for sure. When I married you, I had made a vow, a vow of giving all my heart and all my soul to you and only you. You have loved me for me, which no other human would have. I have tried it and I have been successful at times, but when you are away my mind gets the chance of wandering off to places where even I, myself have forbidden it to crawl. I love you, my heart and soul are all for you, and I am very very sorry to stray off to places, which bring sadness in my life and in yours too.” He let out a sigh, and with a smile said, “You know my dear why I chose you from amongst the lot who were at my doorstep, it was because you were the real you, what you are, you left it open for me to read like a book, you knew love, deep love which others did not, you are the person who has intimate thoughts, the person so rare in the world today, I love you, no matter even if you don’t.”

She smiled back with admiration to the person she had in her life, and knew that this was her rightful gift from the Supreme Authority. Her patience and love, had both been rewarded, although the person whom she thought she would have was not hers, yet she was kind of happy, she had the love and admiration of a man, who knew her, who loved her, not because she was one of the crowd, but because she stood out from amongst the crowd.

The hand in which her hand was seated comfortably, she increased her grip and closed her eyes, in her heart she spoke aloud to God, telling him not to take Amir, but the Rafay she had loved and dreamed of, away from her being, and make her realize what she had and make her happy for the person who loved her more and more matter what she did.

Amir knew what she thought, and with his mischievous finesse as usual, he stared at her in a way which made her uncomfortable as soon as she opened her eyes to see him and only him in his life for the rest of which remained, “I love you Amir! With my heart and soul, I will try once more to give up on all that I don’t have and start to value the valuables already bestowed upon me.”

“You need not say that, cause I know you do! You are just the right person, you have done so much to comfort and inter mingle with my family, you please me, you care for me, but a tinge of jealousy and sadness overtakes me when you stray off,” she looked at him in surprise, “What?”… “I am so sorry! See I knew that, I saw it in your eyes, and it’s this stupid heart and mind of mine which … I just hate it, I am sorry, I really am!” “if you utter another sorry after this one for the rest of your life, you are free to go! Honey… No sorrys and no Thankyous, Love is not an indigent emotion without it… and as a punishment for you, for all the five or six sorrys you have uttered within this one hour, you are supposed to say “I Love You twice a day and 365 days a year, Agreed?!” she burst out laughing at the way he said it all, “O.K. O.K. I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU! This was today’s quota.” “Now will you please give me something to eat, I am dying and with just an “I love you, I won’t be able to live!” he pointed out towards his hungry tummy.

“Oh! I’ll get something for you! You go freshen up!” she got up and tried to go, but her hand was pulled back by the hand it was in, “What?” “Well!” he pulled her back on the sofa, nearing her more and more! he whispered, “you don’t look too good in a pony tail, he let her hair loose by pulling the clip, and letting the hair fall on her face. She swished it back smiling! “Is that it or any more changes?” “even what you are wearing … uhm!” “No you don’t you better get fresh and halt,” she placed her hand over his mouth… “Otherwise you’ll have nothing more to live on besides my I LOVE YOUS. She let her hand loose, took her clip from him and tied her hair in a brushy bun and pulled out two long strands from the front and swished around, “Is this fine?” “You will drive me insane, stop looking so good, otherwise I’ll I’ll lose control.” “O.K honey I’ll try! I’ll try”… in a very sensual tone and then walked out of the room. For a moment Amir sat back and thanked God for making him the person he was and making his life worth living with the person He had made as a pair for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog.Now kindly thanks the publisher by clicking any (ads) available in the blog.You can use My Google Search Engine as your default search engine.Add Comments to my blog posts and share it via different social networks. Mention the flaws left in posts and let me able to better my blog. Moreover,You can suggest me some related links to my blog posts.Bookmark it,soon you will need it again.I will be personally thankful to you.
A HREF="http://www.tripleclicks.com/10765119/go">