Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Potrait Of Love


No matter what she did and what ever she tried the tunes kept coming back to her. She had never been so overwhelmed by anything in her life and now this, a whole new bunch of feelings and expectations suddenly out of nowhere had surrounded her and some how seemed to have vowed to make her complete, a complete soul.

She pranced around the room, in a robe, deciding what to wear for the evening, when it was just in thirty odd minutes that he was about to make an entrance and have the scene wrap up. “Uhmmm! Which one to wear! What to wear… this is insane! I guess I told mom that if she ever wanted things to happen for me, she should be more interested in buying me clothes and having my wardrobe filled rather have just a piece or two of everything lying around.” She was mad at herself and at everybody. As a child she had bought up to be the grownup, never could she recall a time, when actually she was cuddled, and cared and told to ease things out. Time and again people left her life miserable and all that she ever did was cry and still not let go. Memories seemed to get engraved rather than erased, but now she felt things had acquired a good turn, the precise spin perhaps.

Still soaring away in her thoughts, when suddenly the doorbell rang, and echoes like a miserable thunder around her apartment. For a whole minute she stood rooted to the spot, till another one pealed her into action. “Wow! It cannot be him! Not yet…” She managed mumbling and fumbling with stuff, trying to decide exactly what to do and how to do it fast. But nothing seemed to work out, and all that whosoever was at the door kept on doing was ringing again and again… “O.K. it’s fine, I ‘m in a robe, no problem… he has to see me like this one day, than why not today?”

With shaking fingers she unlocked the door and edged it open just the barest fraction, and slid behind it, taking just a peek to stare up at the tall figure standing outside. In a slow move her eyes ran all over him, with reluctant admiration at depths. Extravagantly dressed in an black suit, with snowy linen, and his dark hair gelled perfectly for the party they had to summon.

“Oh wow you look pretty!” he teased, “yeah! I know…. Without anything I look beautiful….”, her voice trailed off and the color running fast from her skin. She opened the door a bit more and invited him in, “well you take a seat until I run off and get dressed o.k.?”

As soon as she turned to go back into the bedroom, he sprang up behind her and held her tight around the waist. She never could resist his touch, had always craved for more and more just when his fingers brushed her skin. “Saleo! Listen I really need to hurry ok it’s our engagement and we need not keep the guests waiting.”
“I know! But can’t they wait, cuz I cant!” he turned her around to face him and stared deep into her eyes. His eyes seemed to frantically rage hyped up emotions and deeds, and she hated the look that they somehow gave out. Tried hard not to stare in them, but was forced by him to do so. He tightened his grip around her and drew her in closer, “you know what you look better when you have nothing on!”, “what?” she pushed him back, feeling a bit nervous whenever pointed out to the bareness. “I mean whenever you are without makeup,” he added in drawing in on her once again. He always seemed to be the smart alec who knew just about everything and how to deal with the everything happening. She was in no mood for fun, she was tensed cuz it was their party and they were beginning to get late. She unfolded his grasp from her waist and ran into the room, shutting it as tightly as possible, and sat for sometime, regaining what she had drained back there.

Looking at the Sari she chose for the evening, net, black and totally sumptuous. She hadn’t worn it ever, had always planned to adorn it on the perfect day, and today it was just it. She tied the blouse knot behind her in a bow, brushed her hair straight and applied the slightest bit of shadows, without which she already looked perfect. Liner and a lipstick always added to the touch and that was it, simple and sweet, she stared at her reflection, stunned by her own image, and yet adoring herself…

She stepped out tiptoeing, noticing that he was on the couch reading a magazine, and yet sensed her coming and got up instantly… “Wow! You look………… amazing!!!!!!!! In the negative sense,” he blurted out. “Oh really! Then I guess the deal for the engagement is off, I already have people who actually love me in the negative sense…so there’s the door… you may leave.” In two long strides he managed to reach her, and stood so close that she had to take a step back to create a space for breathing. “Are you talking to me? You want me to leave? Well not yet! Not now!” she swirled her from her feet, and carried her outside. “put me down! Pleassssssseeee, the neighbors are not familiar with such things, please…” she pleaded although she loved every bit of it, but still embarrassed. “Well if they ask me I’ll tell them you are sick and cant walk”, “wow! What a reason? Sick on your engagement day! huh!?” “Oh! Please no one is watching! Ab stop being a baby and quiet, enjoy the moment.” She knew she was helpless, and no shouting or complaining could solve issues, so she just rested her head on his shoulders as he made his way to the car and put her down on the seat. “Thank you! I really appreciate the fact that I didn’t have to walk and get my feet bruised, cuz it was along walk!” she smiled trying to soothe out the bitterness that she had invited before.

The whole drive was pretty quiet, and all he ever did was make his moves, even in the car while driving, and all that she could do was submit to his hyped up sensitivities, like she always did, loving the moments she would care for him… and expect absolutely nothing in return.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog.Now kindly thanks the publisher by clicking any (ads) available in the blog.You can use My Google Search Engine as your default search engine.Add Comments to my blog posts and share it via different social networks. Mention the flaws left in posts and let me able to better my blog. Moreover,You can suggest me some related links to my blog posts.Bookmark it,soon you will need it again.I will be personally thankful to you.
A HREF="http://www.tripleclicks.com/10765119/go">