Thursday, August 6, 2009

Sending You A Piece Of My Heart


What can I tell you by letter? Alas! Nothing that I would tell you. The messages of the gods to each other travel not by pen and ink and indeed your bodily presence here would not make you more real: for I feel your fingers in my hair, and your cheek brushing mine. The air is full of the music of your voice, my soul and body seem no longer mine, but mingled in some exquisite ecstasy with yours. I feel incomplete without you.

~Oscar Wilde (in a letter to Constance Wilde)

My dearest hubby,

How are you my beloved? It has been long since we last met. It has become somewhat insanity that we are living away from each other when God wills our destinies together. The kids are fine, they miss you always and ask me “where is papa?”, “when is he going to be back?” and the sort, and I have answres to none. Why don’t you ever write to them? They’ll appreciate it. Although I know clearly that you are not in a habit of writing enormous mails, but hey at least your kids deserve your attention. Mom and dad are fine, actually your mom and me, we are getting along like crazy, never thought that I’d be a fit in with your mother but we have been good to each other. I should be thanking God for making my life worthwhile, it hasn’t ever been this pleasant, “THANK YOU GOD!”

How is your life coming along? How is your brother? And his wife? Give them my regards and kiss to the children, how are they doing? It is really dumb that they need to be kept away from me, when they love me so much. Tell your sister-in-law to come on over and we’ll all have fun.

Hope you are doing great! Wish you all the luck and love that you need. I know I know, SMOOOOOOOCCCCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHH!! Fine? Honey you know that you are my priceless possession, everyday is so glum without you, sometimes I am so tired that I cry out because I miss your embraces so much. What do I do then? Well I hug your pillow and sob myself to sleep. It isn’t the same without you. In my life I have never wanted anything more than you, and now when I have you, you still are so far, beyond my reach. I wish I could hug you, kiss you, want you, call you, without anyone making a mountain out of the whole deal.

Steven, I just wish you to know that I am here waiting and waiting endlessly for your return, wherever you are, just come back, need not earn so much that it creates space between us. Really! All I want is you and your love, even if you earn the sum you did when you were here, it is fine, the kids and I can bear with that but cant bear the distance honey, just cant not now, not ever, please!

Take care of yourself, love and kisses all over : )
Have fun.

Your wife
Anna.

She signed in her name and sealed the envelope silently.
“I just wish you to know…” she whispered still staring at the cover, “I love you!”
She continued to stare, “…this isn’t just a letter, this is a piece of my heart that I am sending in, so I hope you attach it to your heart like always”, she kissed it silently and let it sit on her dresser.
“Mummy! Mummy! Sonia came in running, “Hey sweety slow down, why the rush?” she held onto her daughter while Sonia gasped with her heavy breathing.
“I just wrote papa a letter! But I don’t know how to send it.” Spoke the three year old. “You wrote it yourself?” Anna couldn’t believe it, her three year old kid wrote a letter.
“It is from me and Joe!’ she added in, handing the piece of paper to her mom.
“What did Joe have to say sweetie?” quite amazed at how a year old child could possibly ask for. “You see it yourself mommy!” Anna unfolded the paper, to find scribbling in one corner and the phrase PAPA I LOVE YOU, I MISS YOU written all over with different markers. “Did Joe scribble? And you write all this?” Anna asked pointing to the paper surprisingly.
Sonia nodded, quite proud of her work. “Please Mummy can you send it for me?” “Sure Honey I will, I need your dad to know how much you miss him don’t I?” she smiled and patted Sonia for her great work.

As soon as she left, Anna stared at the piece of paper again.

“See Steven, even though you are not here, your child always misses you, and so does your little kiddo, just look at how he has scribbled? If you look into it closely you’ll find “PAPA” spelled.”

“I just wish you could come and see this, I just wish you could hear me right now! She cried out in desperation.

A head peeked in, “ I can hear you sweet heart, I can hear you all right!” she couldn’t believe what she saw when she turned to look, “Steven?!” she just couldn’t stop herself and ran to hug him, before what she thought she saw turned into a dream and vanished.

“I am here Anna I am here!”, “What took you so long, I missed you like crazy! Even Sonia and Joe missed you!” she couldn’t stop the tears; “Anna can we get inside and then you turn me on like you are doing now. She let him lose from her embrace and wiped off her tears. “I am sorry to shock you like that”, she murmured, “I really lost it I guess! So how come you came and you got a vacation!?………….” she looked at him questioningly. “No! Wait a minute, for how many days are you here for?” “Truth or lies?” Steven poked, “TRUTH…. READ MY LIPS!” she sternly added, knowing it to be just a week or so. He handed her an envelope and turned away to untie his tie and unbutton his shirt to change.

She just couldn’t believe what she read, “You’ve got a job here! I don’t believe this, you aren’t going back?!” “No Honey I am here and I am here for good, “ he turned to take her in his embrace, she hugged him back as tightly as she could. “Steven I love you, the kids love you too!” too soon said, Sonia peeked inside and rushed in, “Papa! Papa! You’re home! I missed you! She hugged his leg. Steven swayed her up and kissed his child. “I love you too sweetie! “Hey that is what Mummy calls me, you find something else, she said making a face, Anna stoked Sonia’s hair and they all had a happy laugh after a very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog.Now kindly thanks the publisher by clicking any (ads) available in the blog.You can use My Google Search Engine as your default search engine.Add Comments to my blog posts and share it via different social networks. Mention the flaws left in posts and let me able to better my blog. Moreover,You can suggest me some related links to my blog posts.Bookmark it,soon you will need it again.I will be personally thankful to you.
A HREF="http://www.tripleclicks.com/10765119/go">